I’ve been using Ask.com‘s web search for a week instead of Google.
Some things I dont like about Ask’s search are
- The TITLE tag always says “Ask.com What’s Your Question?” rather than putting my search string, so if I have many tabs open I can’t see what is what.
- Wikipedia links go through a Ask.com template. There is a link to go straight to Wikipedia’s version below the search engline listing and on the Ask.com templated entry.
- The sidebar has Related Searches and Search History, but why not more a date range option like Google has? Sometimes I want a newer result for what I’m searching for and I’d rather not have to go into settings change it and then change it back later.
- For some reason sometimes the calculator wouldn’t compute, but if I refreshed it would work.
- Ask.com does offer search features such as a calculator, weather, conversions and more; However, I noticed the spelling check that it does automatically like Google does, is not as good.
Apparently they just redid their homepage a few weeks ago, but I’ve really never used the site before. I still use Google products (Maps, Reader, Docs), but I think I’ve moved from Google search for the most part.