Figured I’d clean out some more links from my bookmarks and share them.
- SymphonyOS – Linux based OS that features an innovative GUI
- Syllable – A free operating system but it’s not based on Linux or BSD
- ReactOS – Free open source operating system providing a ground-up implementation of a Microsoft Windows XP compatible operating system
- SkyOS – Operating system built initially as a hobby and now a commercial intent
- VectorLinux – lightweight Linux OS
- DSL – (Damn Small Linux) very lightweight Linux OS, its only 50MB
- Puppy Linux – another very lightweight Linux OS, 28-70 MB
- Xubuntu – Ubuntu distribution for older computers
- Haiku – Open source clone of BeOS
I don’t really follow SkyOS anymore since they gave up the idea of remaining free a few years ago. I do periodically see what Symphony and ReactOS are up to, though. And VectorLinux, DSL and Puppy Linux are worth looking into if you have some really ancient computer hardware.