More and more apps keep popping up alerts for promoting other apps, features or to rate their app. I’m tempted to start giving 1 star ratings if an app asks me to rate them. I understand the developers need more revenue but bugging users with those notifications or full screen promotions isn’t going to do it. I can handle the banner ad, but combined with the rest it’s too much and I’m uninstalling the app off my iPad. If you want more revenue charge more than 99 cents for your app and ask a fair price for it.
Posts Tagged ‘iPad’
Posted in Computers · Tags: iOS, iPad, iPhone
Posted in Software · Tags: apple, iOS, iPad, iPhone
One thing that really bothers me about the iBooks app, is that if you want to search your books, you have to scroll all the way back up to the top to do so. It would also be nice to have a A-Z/0-9 shortcut navigation on the right like the Music app. Right now if you have a ton of books, its very hard to go through your list.
Posted in Web Development · Tags: iPad, iPhone, safari
If you have a website that crashes on the iPad or iPhone there are a few things to check.
- Is there any complicated HTML5 animation? Simplify or figure out what part of the animation is causing the site to get so sluggish it crashes.
- Are there any huge intricate PNG files or a GIF with very complicated transparency or alpha layers? Try to simplify the graphics or at least disable a few until you figure it out.
- Do you have any complicated SVG files? Try making it more basic.
- Do you have a really huge text-shadow or box-shadow? You’d be surprised how this can bog down a site. Disable the shadow or make it smaller in your CSS file.
- Do you have any other CSS features that could be causing Safari to quit? Perhaps a complex gradient?
- Do you have a really huge image or complicated site? Try to break the page up into separate pages.
If you still have issues after trying the above. Be sure you are clearing your cache in your browser. Also check to see if you have an redirection code on the server or a meta refresh that is going in an unending loop.