10. Talk is cheap. Show me the code – Linus Torvalds
As Derek Sivers has said “…ideas are worth nothing unless executed”.
9. Don’t Repeat Yourself – Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas
8. Convention over Configuration – Ruby on Rails
7. Build half a product, not a half-ass product – 37signals
Its better to not have a feature than to do it poorly.
6. Very Good is Bad – Seth Godin
What the marketing guru is saying is that its not enough to be good, your product must be exceptional and outstanding.
5. Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works – Steve Jobs
4. Content is King – unknown
3. Less is More – Robert Browning
2. Let the Users Decide – unknown
1. Release Early, Release Often – Google