What GM Should Do
- Sell all concept cars, design art and other historical items. You can always take pictures, scan or digitize your collection.
- Make GMC a commercial line only (dumptrucks, etc). There is no need to rebrand the Chevy vehicles with a GMC license. You already have enough competition, why compete against yourself?
- Reevaluate your brands. Pontiacs are not for SUVs and neither is Cadillac. Cadillac have always been about luxury cars. Only rappers, show-offs and people that like bling buy Cadillac or Buick SUVs. The Cadillac SRX and Escalade lines can go. Pontiacs are for driving excitement right? Then let the Torrent and Vibe die already.
- Kill off Saturn, times are tough and one of the lines has to go, you simply cannot have 8 lines of brands (Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn, Hummer, Saab and Cadillac) anymore. There is plenty of competition in the automotive industry already.
- Buick only has 3 vehicles, so why do others have way too many? The only reason Buick is around is because of the elderly market. Does Buick really need a SUV? I would stop production on the Enclave.
- Here is a bold idea, kill off Saab and replace them with Chevies instead. Although it probably wouldn’t be a popular move overseas.
- 6 Chevy SUV/Crossovers? Gas may have gone down for the time being, but they need to eliminate the Equinox and decide on between keeping the Tahoe or the Traverse.
Leave a Comment