1) User Reviews and Ratings These come in very handy, sometimes a buyer will mention little quirks or issues they found in a product or something that wasn’t right with it. Like Amazon, NewEgg knows that this information helps others decide what products are good and gives more insight about the product than any specification or advertising blurb can.
2) Gigantic Images of the Product from several angles and shots of what comes in the packaging I really hate when I click on a “enlarge picture” link on a site and the picture is only twenty five pixels bigger. Too often it only has one angle of the item that showcases the design rather than the functionality (let me see what kind of connections it has or doesn’t have). It’s like if you went to the store and asked to see the item behind the glass shelf and the clerk said he can’t open the shelf unless you pay for the item. TigerDirect just recently started to do this, and it requires multiple popups and clicks.
3) Good Category Breakdowns It’s not too hard to get lost in their massive list of items, but they have breadcrumbs to take you back if you get lost.
4) Great Search The search is very good at finding relevant items. They even implemented something like Google Suggestions that bring down possible matches while you type.
5) Lots of nitty gritty details on the items they sale The more information the better, especially when it comes to electronics. Yes I want to know if its USB 1.1 or 2.0, if it has a DVI port, the dimensions… People want to know what they are buying online, since we can’t actually hold the item or ask someone to open it for us.
6) Trustworthy While some have had a few problems with them, they are known for fast shipping, good refund record, customer support and they have an option to not store your credit card information on your account.
7) Prices This is a no brainer, but they deliver all the above and then have very good prices.
I always try to find the best deals on the web, whether they are on Newegg or not, but it’s nice that they have made a web site that makes it easier to find what I need.